Monday, September 29, 2008

Therapy is for black people too!


Ok, so I'm back. I know it's seemed like FOREVER since I last posted anything but due to lack of inspiration, a crazy work/gym/drinking schedule, and overall laziness, I've completely neglected my blog.

Now that that's out of the way. I figured that I'd get back into the groove of things by blogging about something near and dear to my heart. No, not shopping, eating out, or drinking margaritas (although these are pretty far up in the list of things I absolutely love). I'm talking about therapy. YES, I said it, THERAPY. Now I know what you're thinking... "Damn, Teree is crazier than I thought." And although that could be true, it's really not THAT serious. I pretty much go to an office every week and sit in front of a man who listens as I talk about whatever is going on in my head at that particular moment. I won't get into what we talk about but I'm telling you, therapy isn't all that bad. It's nice to be able to talk to someone who is completely impartial. Now I know a lot of black folk think that I don't need therapy but JESUS. For some reason there's a stigma associated with Psychology. Even though I heart Jesus as much as the next girl, there's nothing like a little one on one with my therapist to get me moving in the right direction. I've only been going for a few months now and I already find myself being more cognizant of the things I do and say. That's not to say that I don't and won't pray. I just feel like every little bit helps and right now, my shrink is helping out quite a bit!

It feels good to be back. There's more to come. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

~J-Skittle~ said...

Me and my therapist roll so tight its B.A.N.A.N.A.S. Im going to see him today. Therapy is the best thing I've done for myself in all of my 25 years on this earth.

Project: WAKE UP said...

u nutty buddy!! I will admit, I tinkered with the thought of therapy. But then I think about my problems and think of the solutions and what i KNOW i need to do, and realize I'd just be paying someone to listen. I already know the answer. But different things work for different people so...RIGHT ON SISTER!