Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Who Got Game?



So I'm in Friday's last weekend with a girlfriend of mine sipping on my second Mango Berry Mojito at the bar when I get a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and standing before me is a young man no older than about 22. He introduces himself to me and we strike up a pretty harmless conversation. He asks me questions, tells me a little about himself and it isn't until halfway though the conversation that I realize that he's trying to pick me up. I guess I assumed that he was just being friendly up until that point (silly me). Anyway, we talk a little longer and then he leaves to go take the order of a couple who just sat down (oh yeah, he was a waiter). My friend and I continue our convo and every once and a while he'd walk by and kind of give me the eye. By the time I finished my meal, he returns to the bar with a rose and says these exact words to me " I got you a rose because it symbolizes the beauty that I see in you, inside and out." Ok....so I know it SOUNDS corny but for some reason, it didn't come across as corny at all. It wasn't like he was trying too hard and he seemed sincere about the whole thing. I was actually in shock for a brief moment. It wasn't really the fact that he gave me the flower, it was his GAME. I'm sitting there thinking...don't tell me this young boy's got better game a man my age ?! I mean seriously, what's that about?


All I have to say to the men in the 25 and up crowd is 'step ya' game up.' These young dudes are making you look bad!

3 comments:

SIM SIMMA said...

I completely agree, what happened to 25 - 30 giving a sh** about us woman and really putting an effort into dating? Apparently we're going to have to all become MILFs. Great.

Unknown said...

these lil Ni99a aint doin nothin i wasn't doing at 22-Trying to pick up women that look 10 yrs my senior...

PYT's Random Little Things said...

So you're saying I look 32?
Thanks Jerk! ;)