Friday, October 10, 2008

I'm in Love with a Stripper (song)



One of my biggest guilty pleasures is my affinity for stripper songs. I don't know if I was a stripper in a previous life or what but whenever I hear one of these songs I immediately have the urge to dance. And I'm not talking about a two step. I'm talking about full throttle, knees touching my elbows, gettin in like it's my freshman year at the Ritz, dancing. I can't understand why on earth I would get so hyped over songs that are so overtly sexually degrading to women but it's like singing along to a 'Too Short' song, you don't want to but you can't help yourself...




Here's the list of my top 5 Favorite Stripper Songs

1. "Da Baddest" -Big Kuntry King feat. Trey Songz: To be honest, I don't even know who 'Big Kuntry King' is but I came across the video for this song a couple months ago and ever since then it's been on heavy rotation on my iPod (and having sexy ass Trey Songz on the track doesn't hurt!)

2. "Tip Drill" -Nelly: How can you not love the song that got B.E.T's 'Uncensored' kicked off the air?

3. "Get Loose"- T.I: This like "Tip Drill's" twin brother. You can't have one without the other. I'm pretty sure T.I. even mentions the Tip Drill video in the first 10 seconds of the song.

4. "I'm in Love with a Stripper"- T-Pain: This song made it socially acceptable to wife a stripper. Hey.....ho's need lovin too! ;)

5. "Make it Rain"- Fat Joe feat. Lil Wayne: Now I've actually seen this song in action. You can't be mad at a song that makes grown men blow their entire paycheck at the advice of a damn song (at least the strippers aren't mad anyway, lol).

2 comments:

Doc Tate said...

Lol. You are hillarious. Freshmen year @ the ritz, huh? Lmao! I feel you though. That's how I am with some hood songs. Although I talk about them a lot, I definitely turn back to my Detroit roots instantly when I hear it. On a sidenote: some current Howard students made me feel old as H*ll when I was telling them about 2K9. They were looking at me like I was talking about some fantasy land far far away.

SIM SIMMA said...

I have to agree with Doc Tate, I too remember the days of 2K9 (when Genuwine tried to feel me up, sneaky nasty ass lil man) and then Ritz...well I just avoided that spot altogether, haha. I LOVE ME SOME STRIPPER SONGS THOUGH!!! ATL for my 27th B-day??? YES PLEASE! hahaha.

MAKE
IT
RAIN
ON
YA!