
So over the past year or so, I know of about a dozen people who have either gotten married/ engaged, had kids, or both. It's almost like I'm the only person that I know who isn't and I'm only 25! Ok, so I guess I'm approaching the age when people start actually really "growing up" but damn! Can I just enjoy my single-dom for just a little while longer? In my younger years, I really thought that I would be married with kids by 25. Of course, now I realize how dumb of an idea that was. I'm not knocking those who have tied the knot and popped out a couple off-spring by now but I'm cool with just having a boyfriend and still being able to go to my own house when he gets on my nerves. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't a little, insy, tinsy bit jealous of my friends who have gotten engaged in recent months. I mean, the whole planning a wedding, flashing the engagement ring, looking at bridal magazines thing looks fun and all but then I snap back to reality and think about what getting married really means:
1. spending all of your hard earned savings on one expensive ass party where the only reason half of your guests even come is to a) eat a free meal and drink tons of liquor b) see how fat the people you went to college with have gotten c) hate on you, your wedding dress,your husband, your wedding party, your decorations, etc.
2. giving up half of your sh*t (b/c all of your furniture and his furniture isn't going to make it into that newly purchased 'starter home.')
and most importantly...
3. getting fat: with marriage comes kids and with kids come stretch marks, random fat deposits, and sagging breasts. Not to mention the fact that you'll never again be able to fit into those size 26 "Sevens" that you bought your freshman year of college (unless of course you get lypo... which I'm all for should it be needed!)
So......no thanks...think I'll stick to being single for just a little while longer....

5 comments:
I am right there with you mama.....but I'm actually not the type to get jealous over the wedding part, or the kid part. There is a HUGE reason that I haven't let those things happen yet in my life. Just like Braveheart said, "I WANT MY FREEDOOOOOOOOM!!!" hahaha, I like knowing that I can play with my friends kids and hand them over to get a good nights rest without having to wake up every 2 hours for the kid or something of that nature, I also like knowing that I can go out to a club and not be hated on since I don't have kids. I'm also a 5 year old kid trapped in a 25 year olds body....did someone say FINGER PAINTING??? ;-)
5 year old trapped in a 25 year old's body...LMAO!
Its, Annika. Girl u are too funny. Aint no rush. With kids you have NO LIFE.And im so serious. I love Adin and Colin to death but I miss my single life a lot. Marriage and kids is a lot of hard work. But dont rush it. Just be happy doing you. Im sure you know who will pop the question soon lolol. And shitt you will have a HUSBAND instead of a no good baby daddy.................And you dont get fat after having a baby. Only those who choose to let themselves go do.
WOW lol I feel ya though...marriage is for the birds...for now...
Post a Comment